Monday, January 3, 2011

new vacuum

Dyson DC33 Vacuum Cleaner
image sourced from google images.

Ah ha! I am almost more excited over the lovely new vacuum mum & I bought today than I was over all the fantastic things I got for Christmas.

So lets start there. Firstly, I've been sick for weeks (since a fortnight before Chrissy and I'm still sick now, even my antibiotics are being slack). Christmas was nice, its the first one that we've ever had in my life where it was just the six of us (Mum, Dad & the siblings)... so it was quiet but enjoyable. We did Secret Santa again this year in another attempt to lessen our Christmas spending, however, because we've never enforced price limits I still spent almost $100.00 on my person and my SS definitely spent heaps on my lovely bundle of gifts!. I received a lovely wooden sewing box and a 'sewing project' bag, which fits all my fabrics and patterns with heaps of room to spare!

There was a whole Santa Sack of goodies, but I'm really too lazy to blog about all of 'em ;)

Now on to the vacuum. The reason we needed one so terribly was that my brother decided to clean up the mess he'd made in the lounge room drilling and what-not so he plugged in our vacuum and it combusted into flames - not entirely his fault; since the vacuum had been on the fritz the day before and we hadn't got around to repairing it. But mum had only warned us girls about the vacuum, not counting on the good deed that was being hatched to surprise her with... so that brought us to the sudden need to buy a vacuum.

So I spent last night researching vacuums and once I found the brand with the most positive reviews I began a search and discovered several large shops were having sales, and the one where we could get it cheapest ended today! so early in the morning I accosted mum over a cup of tea and we made an outing into the wide world of vacuum cleaners and after trekking all the way to Fyshwick we finally obtained the vacuum we wanted & got it discounted further ;) I'm so happy... BEST.VACUUM.EVER

It's just so... slurpy! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment