Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stitchery

potholder

I spent today creating a pot-holder from some random fabrics in my sister's stash. It features my first attempt at binding; which is only a little wobbly around the back, so I'm thinking its not too bad :D

I've also been working on the prototype of a sewing pattern, just to see if what was in my head could be realised in fabrics... so far, so good. I'll be building a second prototype later, featuring padding and quilted panels to get more of an idea. I was wanting to find a free pattern for a sewn Easter basket; however, after searching online, all I could find were a few pictures of what I was thinking of and a small number of etsy stores selling made versions. So (after way too much 'How I Met Your Mother') I thought "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" and began work on my own Easter Basket.

Inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment